Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hiking

With fall descending upon us, I have found a new hobby, hiking. I grew up in the country and loved to wander through the woods and walk around the lake close to my home but I had not really put myself in any terrain that would be considered challenging...until last weekend. 




Pretty beautiful huh? I went to the Wichita Mountains and climbed a mountain. Yep, nothing like feeling you've conquered something at the end of the day than getting to experience this view. If you've never been I highly suggest it. Even if you're not into hiking you can drive up to the top of Mount Scott and be way higher than I was. There is also a restaurant in the area called Meers and I have had bookoohs of burgers in my life and I have never had a burger better than theirs, plus I got to wash it down with Meers beer, also delicious. 


Funny story, we went on an easier hike after the first one for a picnic and I decided to lead us around afterwards. We were just wandering off of the trail so it didn't really matter where we went. Turns out I should never lead because I ended up between a huge buffalo and this longhorn.

He was huge! I would have gotten a picture of the buffalo but there was too much shrubbery in between us and I didn't want to stay there for too long. Lesson learned, I am no longer allowed to lead myself or anyone else anywhere lol. 








Another picture for your viewing pleasure. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment